Sunday, July 28, 2013

Heart-to-heart bracelet



This was a very exciting month, because the first design I have had accepted for publication is now out!  My "Heart-to-Heart Bracelet" is in the Aug/Sept issue of BEADWORK magazine.  For this bracelet, I used Czech farfalle beads, Swarovski crystal pearls, seed beads, and Czech fire-polished beads.  I figured out a way to take simple right-angle-weave strips of farfalle beads and shape them into curves to create heart shapes, ovals, and circles.  Using the peanut-shaped farfalle beads, I was able to achieve a look that is similar to cubic right-angle-weave, but without quite so much work!  I am very happy with the bracelet and I hope many beaders enjoy making it.  Working with the editors at BEADWORK magazine was a wonderful experience, too!  And there is more...the BEADWORK October special issue will include two of my earring designs and a bracelet that Reem Iversen and I designed together.  Reem and I are so exciting!

Here is the link to the Aug/Sept issue of BEADWORK magazine.

If you are interested in making the bronze version of the bracelet, which is pictured at the top of p. 72 of the magazine, here is a list of the colors I used:

Copper-lined crystal size 15º seed beads
Bronze Czech farfalle beads
Bordeaux Swarovski crystal pearls
Dark Bronze Czech fire-polished beads


No comments:

Post a Comment