Monday, July 15, 2013

Bead Encore logo

Welcome to my blog! 

This blog will be primarily about beadwork and bead weaving. But every once in a while some tatting--or better yet some tatting with beads--will find its way in. 

But first, let me explain my logo:  


Because I am a musician, I thought it would be appropriate to have a musical logo for my beading persona.  And then I realized...you can spell "B E A D" in music notation!  Because I am a harpsichord player and love to play continuo from figured bass, I naturally decided to use the bass clef.  So the notes on the staff, in the bass clef, are B...E...A...D.  Perfect!  Then, because I love to work with tiny little seed beads, placing them one after another into my beadwork, I needed a repeat sign.  Get it: "Bead; repeat"!  So that is my logo--maybe it's clever or maybe it's just corny, but I like it!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, as you know I'm not a musician and don't know the first thing about reading notes so I really enjoyed your explanation on how your logo came to be. I look forward to reading more of your blog entries. Your accomplice in beading. What a wonderful partnership this has been! Reem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, you are so creative!! I LOVE your logo! I was a musician before I was a beader so I definitely got it. I love how you explained your logo.

    ReplyDelete